1 cup margarine
1 buttercream icing
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup walnuts
½ cup light brown sugar
½ tsp salt
1. Preheat your oven to 325°.
2. Chop the walnuts in a food processor into fine pieces. If you don’t have a food processor you can place them in a ziploc bag and use a rolling pin or heavy bottle to crush them into the desired texture.
3. Separate the egg yolk from the egg white. If you’re vegan, substitute with 2 tbsp cooking oil and ½ tsp baking soda.
4. In a small bowl, combine the softened margarine with the egg yolk and sugar. Whisk until smooth. Add the vanilla, salt, and flour and mix until it forms a smooth dough.
5. Roll the dough into balls, approximately 1 inch, balls. Dip the cookie dough in egg white and then in the crushed walnuts. Place the dough on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and use thumb to make an indention in each cookie. Bake for another 8-10 minutes. Wait 15 minutes for the cookies to cool and then fill the indention with buttercream icing.